What to Expect this Spring Season
Spring or 2022 has sprung and your allergies might have already made you aware of it…
Pollen and other allergens play a considerable part in affecting many Texans’ lives during the
springtime. Trees produce pollen for their reproduction and spread by wind, whereas flowering
plants depend on insects to spread their pollen. Here’s what to expect this Spring season.
Common Texas tree pollens include:
Those who suffer from pollen allergies can have moderate to severe levels of symptoms like:
- Watery, puffy, and itchy eyes
- Stuffy nose
- Difficulty breathing
What can you do to prevent these triggers?
Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to cure allergies, but there certainly are ways to reduce and
- Keep windows closed (especially in the early mornings)
- Bathing in the evenings to remove pollen and keep bedding clean
- Clean bedding weekly with hot water to remove any allergens
- Check pollen count in your city each morning and prepare before you leave your home (P.S. We post San
- Change your clothes after you’ve been outside
- Vacuum and sweep floors weekly (possibly daily, if you have pets)
You can always treat your allergies either through OTC medications or prescribed medication/
If you believe you suffer from allergies that affect your daily life, schedule an appointment today
with one of our board-certified providers. We want to help enhance your quality of life and more.
Call us today at 210-616-0882.