Makes: 6 servings
Free of: All Top Allergens and Gluten-Free
- 8 cups vegetable stock [Look for allergen-free, gluten-free brand]
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups baking pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat oil over high heat. Add pumpkin, carrots, celery and onion. Cook for 5 minutes, then add stock, bay leaf and thyme.
- Reduce heat to a medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup in a food processor and season with salt and pepper.
Serving Suggestion: Accentuate the soup’s smooth flavor with a dash of ground cinnamon.
If you suspect you or a loved one has food allergies, call Allergy SA at (210) 616-0882 to schedule an appointment with a board-certified allergist. Same day appointments are available.
*Source: Simon Clarke – Allergic Living Magazine