Your immune system is constantly on the defense-fighting germs that could cause infections.
If you experience the following, then you are experiencing recurrent infections:
- Need more than four courses of antibiotic treatment per year (in children) or more that two times per year (in adults)?
- Experience more than four new ear infections in one year after 4 years of age.
- Develop pneumonia twice over any time?
- Have more than three episodes of bacterial sinusitis in one year or the occurrence of chronic sinusitis?
- Need preventive antibiotics to decrease the number of infections?
Develop unusually severe infections that started as common bacterial infections?*
*Source: American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology.