- Jun 07, 2016
Serves 4 to 6
Free of: Gluten and all top 8 allergens.
- 2 English cucumbers, peel on
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely minced red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Freshly ground pepper
- Halve cucumbers lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Put into a colander, sprinkle with salt and toss well. Place colander over a large bowl and let the cucumbers drain for 30 minutes, tossing a few times. Transfer cucumbers to paper towels and thoroughly blot dry.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, sugar, mustard, zest and a few turns of freshly ground pepper. Drizzle in oil a little at a time while whisking, to emulsify.
- Place drained cucumbers in a large salad bowl and toss with onion and fresh herbs. Add dressing and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
*Source Allergic Living Magazine